Monday, January 25, 2016

Netflix Nugget - Week of January 25th

CONTRACTED
Director: Eric England
Writer: Eric England
Stars: Najarra Townsend, Caroline Williams, Alice Macdonald
IMDB.com Page

Synopsis:  A young girl contracts what she thinks is a sexually-transmitted disease - but is actually something much worse.

Why We Suggest It:  This is a very intimate look at a common horror sub-genre, zombies.  It is a simple story and the effects are minimal. But it is a a unique little gross out film about a young woman slowly changing into a flesh-eating undead.  I was pleasantly surprised considering the running time is a brisk 84 minutes.  If you're a fan of zombie movies this is definitely worth a watch!  Please be advised this is NOT a good date movie!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a gross movie. So is the sequel, though. I can't believe the amount of negativity surrounding this film. It's a great low budget movie with good effects and a solid plot. I don't understand why people try to apply real world logic to a fictional piece of work? Anyway, good synopsis of the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't too sold on this movie at first. After watching it though I thought it was an interesting take on the traditional zombie genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this movie was wretchedly bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like her relationship with her mom how dysfunctional it was and I think it was great had a added day 3 of 3 so we knew that was her last day time to be human but I also think what made it realistic is the fact that she was ashamed because she knew it was sex and being promiscuous with a guy she didn't know that's why she kept a secret

    ReplyDelete